Your first steps
First, become a Bear: Apply to Missouri State.
Then, before completing 75 credit hours, follow these steps:
- Declare or change your major to data analytics by visiting the Business Advisement Center.
- Meet with your assigned advisor. You’ll discuss admission requirements and develop your schedule.
- Complete at least 10 hours from the list of courses below. You maintain pre-major status until you meet all admission requirements.
- Complete the Application to Degree Program form once you have completed at least 54 hours, including 10 hours from the courses below. Your advisor can assist you.
All students who plan to apply for admission to the College of Business should declare a major in one of the five departments within the business unit of the College upon admission to the university and seek enrollment advice through the Business Advisement Center. Students who are uncertain at the time of admission to the University should declare a business major with the specific area undecided.
Courses required for admission
- Accounting: ACC 201(3) and 211(3); or ACC 206(4)
- Critical and Creative Thinking Using Information Technology: ITC 200(3)
- Public Speaking: COM 115(3)
- Economics: ECO 155(3) and ECO 165(3)
- Writing I: ENG 105(5) or ENG 110(3)
- Business Communications: MGT 286(3)
- Mathematics: MTH 134 or higher (3-5 hours) except MTH 130 (previous number for MTH 145)
- Psychology: PSY 121(3)
- Business Statistics: QBA 237(3)
- Legal Environment of Business: LAW 231(3)